This was day 22 out of 56 of Hal Higdon’s 10K Novice Program which called for stretching and strengthening.
Shoes: Brooks Ravenna 3
Strength: Using novice guidelines and the Legs, Back, Chest, Arms template found at ExRx.net: One warmup set per exercise using 50 percent less recorded weight for 12–15 reps. After warmup, one set of 8–12 reps per exercise to volitional fatigue. Once 13–14 reps has been achieved, increase weight 2–10% for next workout.
- Lever 45° Leg Press (plate loaded): 14 reps @ 90 pounds
- Lever Lying Leg Curl: 10 reps @ 70 pounds
- Lever Standing Calf Raise (plate loaded): 12 reps @ 15 pounds
- Lever Seated Row: 16 reps @ 95 pounds
- Lever Bench Press: 12 reps @ 80 pounds
- Lever Lateral Raise: 13 reps @ 65 pounds
- Barbell Curl: 9 reps @ 50 pounds
- Cable Pushdown: 12 reps @ 30 pounds
- Sit-up (arms-crossed): 16 reps
- Hyperextension: 16 reps
Note: Maybe it was the full moon, but I was on fire tonight! :-D